Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Ashford Locomotive Works [Pamphlet]
Produced to give to visitors on guided tours of the works. Photo of main erecting shop with locos under repair, plan of the works, aerial photograph. A brief history of the works, founded in 1847 by the South Eastern Railway and greatly expanded after the formation of the South Eastern and Chatham Committee, following closure of the London Chatham and Dover workshops at Longhedge, S. London. Somewhat in the shadow of Eastleigh after the formation of the Southern Railway, it eventually became principally a wagon works.